This October, many businesses and institutions across Singapore are gearing up to honour Breast Cancer Awareness month. Whether it’s raising awareness amongst others, donating to a foundation or educating yourself, there is no shortage to the ways you can spread knowledge and positivity during this humbling time. Here are three of the biggest Breast Cancer Awareness events happening in Singapore, this month.
1. Pink Afternoon Tea at L’Espresso
We know one thing for sure – you will swoon at the spread L’Espresso is laying out. Accompanying the traditional English afternoon tea ensemble – think mini sandwiches and scones! – will be a number of pink treats ranging from a pink chocolate fountain to pink berry macarons, all specially created by the hotel’s talented chefs. Need we say more? Each guest who attends the event will also receive a complimentary Pink Ribbon pin, ordinarily sold for $2. At the end of the month, the total value of pins given out to diners will be calculated and the hotel will donate that exact amount to the Breast Cancer Foundation. So why not support a good cause and treat yourself to some scrumptious pink desserts?
- Date: Everyday in October
- Time: 2:30 PM – 5:30 PM (Mon – Thur), 12:00 PM – 2:30 PM & 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM (Fri – Sun)
- Cost: $49 per adult & $30 per child (Mon – Thur), $52 per adult & $32 per child (Fri – Sun)
- Venue: Goodward Park Hotel, 22 Scotts Road.
2. Breast Cancer Awareness Forum & Workshop
If splurging on sweet treats is not for you, why not feed your brain at an educational seminar? The Sengkang Community Hospital is holding a breast cancer Forum and Workshop for those seeking to expand their knowledge on the illness. During the meetup, surgeons will debunk breast cancer myths and teach the best techniques for breast self-examination. You can never go wrong with education.
- Date: October 6th (Note: There will also be education booths at this location from Oct 1st to 5th)
- Time: 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Cost: Free, but registration is required. Click here to register.
- Venue: Sengkang Community Hospital, 1 Anchorvale Street, Level 2 Auditorium.
3. Afternoon Tea for Breast Cancer Awareness
If one indulgent afternoon is not enough, rest assured – there are two Afternoon Tea events, this October. The British Association will also be laying out the classic English spread but this time, each reservation will include a glass of bubbly. To sweeten the deal, there will be a pink-themed raffle and a reward for the best-dressed guest. So grab a chic dress, your most stylish pillbox hat and head to the British Club for an afternoon of decadence and prize-winning!
- Date: October 22nd
- Time: 2:30 PM – 5:30 PM
- Cost: $60 for members and non-members. Registration is required. Click here to register.
- Venue: The British Club, 73 Bukit Tinggi Road.
4. Breast Cancer & Reconstruction: Your Questions Answered
This highly educational symposium covers many bases when it comes to Breast Cancer Awareness. Not only will they cover the basics, but talks will explore the latest treatment and reconstructive options available. A wide and impressive range of speakers will also be attending, including surgeons, oncologists, survivors, and renowned actress/director Beatrice Chia.
- Date: October 27th
- Time: 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM
- Cost: Free, with complimentary lunch and a goodie bag included. Registration is required. Click here to register.
- Venue: Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, Auditorium Level 9.
5. Be In the Pink Education Series
If you or someone you know is battling breast cancer, this event should be at the top of your list. Developed specially for breast cancer patients, this series of talks aims to provide emotional and mental support for those navigating the illness. While these talks actually began in August, there are still three hugely important discussions to be had in the month of October.
- Date: October 4th for ‘Coping with Menopausal Symptoms,’ 11th for ‘Meaningful Occupations and Return to Work,’ 15th for ‘Beyond Breast Cancer.’
- Time: Each session runs from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
- Cost: Free, but registration is required. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9836 8204.
- Venue: 10B Health Resource Center, NUH Medical Center, Level 10, Corridor G.